Friday, October 30, 2009

Brenny's Birthday


The Birthday Boy :o) I know it's not a smiley picture~ but something about it just looks angelic to me. I love those eyes!

Here he is at 9 months~ one of my all time favorite pictures of him (and Gunnar :o) ) ~That's my sunshiney little face! He's growing up way too fast for me :o(


The day started off with a fun scavenger hunt, courtesy of Gunnar, which led Brennan to Gunnar's gift to him (Mata Nui~ the Bionicle) :o)

Found another clue!

Due to the flu outbreak around here, we decided not to do the party thing, but Brennan was MORE than delighted to go to the farm instead *whew!* so we put on our rainboots and headed out to Lee Farms (the one closer to home where we've been going for 13 years)to play in the pumpkin patch, go on a hayride and the other fun (and muddy) stuff that comes with a day at the farm! Here are a few highlights~

Off to the bouncy house!

It's eating him!



If you look closely, you can see the girl behind Gunnar is jumping too lol~ wierd shot, eh?

Brenny loves holding the baby chicks :o)











(My poor little sun-sensitive boy~ it's really hard for him to keep his eyes open when it's so bright out~ makes getting good pics of him outdoors really difficult. He's so darn handsome though! I really appreciate the cloudy days around here, knowing that it doesn't cause him pain to be outside. I know it's silly to feel guilty for passing certain genes on but... he's got it so much worse than I do. So if you begin to notice that there are fewer outdoor pics of Brennan than there are of Zachary, that's why ;o) ) It's ironic, too~ because he is the sunniest little boy in the world! I've always called him my sunshine because when he smiles and giggles, the whole world lights up!

Time to go see the ponies!


Zachy kept running off to get some grass to feed the ponies~ it was so funny because he kept grabbing big clumps with gobs of dirt still attached~ it made him so happy to "take care of the horses" :o) I love the look on his face in this picture!



Time to feed the wabbits!


Another birthday surprise? He got his first loose tooth! He couldn't stop wiggling it :o)



After the traditional hot apple cider and donuts and the hayride, we headed home for dinner and presents





His requested present this year :o) He wants to study physiology like his big brother and wanted a "human body model".


It came in third on list of favorite gifts received, however~ Gunnar got him a Bionicle (yes, more pieces! lol) and that's number 1~ the second is a Disney Halloween sing-a-long songs video from Auntie Debbie (they love it, Deb! Thank you Sooo much!)

I'm a bit embarassed to post a picture of his cake~ he wanted a haunted mansion cake (he loooooves haunted mansions~ in theory, that is ;o))I really didn't plan this one out very well, and had to make do with what I had laying around the house. He seemed to love it though, and that's what matters! (she tells herself over and over again lol)



He had a wonderful, happy day~ we love him so very much! I'm so happy he's mine :o)

No comments: