Monday, October 5, 2009

What a great weekend! (Pt.1)



First of all, can I just say that I must live in the most beautiful place on earth? It's 62 degrees here today, beautiful blue sky, still plenty of green all around, and the fall colors are just beginning to show~ I've been here for 14 years now and it just never gets old! I can't go anywhere without having one of those *gasp* moments at how gorgeous everything is~ I took Gunnar for his annual check up today, and even the view from the Dr.'s office was stunning. I feel so blessed that we are able to raise our family in such a beautiful, diverse and SAFE place *knock on wood* (there's lots of that around here, too ;o) ) . Another thing we love around here is the parks. Our weekend began at a park down in Wilsonville~ one that we'd never been to before. You'd have thought we'd found Disneyland! The boys had a blast~ and I had so much fun taking pictures of them! No better subjects than their sweet, happy faces :o) Here are a few (although I think I took over 200 *wince* I can't help it!) Here are my boys on top of the big volcano:

This was the most unusual park I'd ever seen~ two "volcanoes" rising up out of the sand, the largest one with a ginormous slide going down one side and a water feature on the other. Zachy was really afraid of tackling the big climb at first, but his monkey side won out in the end :o)
Gunnar, of course had to ham it all up with his hyper-dramatic, uber-cool poses *eyeroll* He cracks me up. More fun on the slide!
Ant and Gunnar having a contest to see who can go the slowest down the slide~ Zachy was SO happy when he made it to the top by himself! Launching of teenagers~ they never seem to go quite high enough ;o) I love this little boy! I thought this looked really cool~ My Brennan My Zachy My Antny and my Gunnar The sunset was gorgeous! I wish my little camera could have truly caught all the colors and contrasts, but I love how the boys are silhouetted against the sky~ This one is so funny~ Brenny and Zach were doing yoga poses (warrior pose for Brenny, and Zach was trying to do tree pose) but...ooops! ;o) Does anyone know if there's a way to do these in a slideshow or something? This thing is going to go on forever! I'll have to break up the posts into bite-sized pieces I guess :o) We still have General Conference to cover! Here's one last pic of the sunset before I go~ Be back later with Pt. duex!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Photos! You have a natural ability there. The family looks like they had a great time. You should have had someone take a shot or two of you to complete the "family" photo shoot. Anyway your boys are a good looking bunch and you should be proud of all of them. I really liked the sunset silhouette shots the best. Oregon looks beautiful, never been there...but maybe someday. Keep shooting and posting...I look forward to it.

Chelly said...

Thank you :o)