Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Little Love for the Canadians in my Life :o)

Okay. So my eyes have been opened. My very dear friend/brother Dean was born in Canada and is now one of the two best Dentist's in all of Oregon (you know who the other one is, Dean lol) Anyway, I have come to the realization that I know ZIP nothing nada about Canada. They are our neighbors and all I know about them is that they say "aye" alot and something about there being moose up there and it's cold and hockey and... yeah. That's about it. Shameful! So in honor of my Canadian bro~ I am going to throw out some random Canadian trivia and educate the people ;o) (including moi) If any of you know the answers off the top of your head (no cheating!) please submit them via the comments section of this post and you will receive for your superb understanding of the Northernmost North American Continent a cookie for every correct answer. Ready? Here we go!

1. What is the capital of Canada?

2. True or false: Canada is the world's second largest country (by land mass?)

3. What is the Canadian $1 coin called?

4. How many provinces are there in Canada?

5. How many countries border Canada?

6. True or False?: Superman was created by a Canadian

7. What is the leader of Canada called?

8. What is the national emblem of Canada?

9. How many national languages does Canada have?

10. Who were the first people to live in Canada? (race)

11. What form of government does Canada have?

I'll look forward to seeing who gets the most cookies! Oh and here's a bit of very vital trivia for you:

National Hockey Association History

The NHL Hockey History actually begins with the NHA’s beginning in 1910 based in Canada. The Eastern Canada Hockey Association dated back from 1906 and from the first recognized hockey league called the AHAC (Amateur Hockey Association of Canada). Wanting to get the Montreal Wanderers out of the picture, the ECHA dissolved formed the CHA (Canadian Hockey Association) Ambrose O'Brien and his father, countered by making a league of their own, the National Hockey Association.

Just on that alone, my friends, we owe our Canadian neighbors sooo much! IS there a better sport to watch than hockey? I don't THINK so!

2 comments:

Mary Putty said...

Ok. Here we go. A blog right up my alley. Somewhat random, yet useful trivia!

P.s. I live 20 minutes from canada! LOL

1. What is the capital of Canada?
Now, or then?
Used to be Quebec, now is Ottawa

2. True or false: Canada is the world's second largest country (by land mass?)
False. Russia, China, U.S. then Canada :-p


3. What is the Canadian $1 coin called?
The LOONIE! Love that word LOL

4. How many provinces are there in Canada?
10?

5. How many countries border Canada?
Two. Us and Greenland, right? Unless they have to touch. Then, just us.

6. True or False?: Superman was created by a Canadian
TRUE. Duh. All the good stuff comes from canada

7. What is the leader of Canada called?
Prime Minister :-)

8. What is the national emblem of Canada?
The maple leaf :-p

9. How many national languages does Canada have?
2, english and french

10. Who were the first people to live in Canada? (race)
uhmm ok. fine. got me there

11. What form of government does Canada have?
A constitutional monarchy that is also a parliamentary democracy and a federation.
HA! Ok, that last one, i looked up :-P
Now, my brain is fried. Check my blog for useless trivia sometime next week! *runs off to check answers*

Chelly said...

Did anyone else notice that I am a complete moron and called Canada "the Northernmost North American continent?" d'oh! LOL I think I probably meant to say the northernmost PART of the American continent. At least I hope I did ;o) I need to proofread these things before I post them.