Monday, October 20, 2008

Just speak Human!




Okay so I have to add this here since I don't have my family blog up yet (This one obviously has taken another direction so I'm going to make one that just focuses on our family stuff) Today as I was having reading time with my little guys on the couch, we were looking at Zachary's favorite animal flash cards and Brennan (4) would take a card now and then and read the "animal facts" on the back of them to us. Zachary (3), never to be outdone, made a point to have HIS turn "reading" the fascinating tidbits to us which sounded like nothing more than toddler jibberish (but mommy sure thought it was cute!) Brennan became frustrated with this after a few minutes, but very generously offered to help Zachy read the cards properly. The conversation went something like this:


Zachy: "jibberish jibberish dofin jibberish swimmeen"


Brennan: "Here Zachy, let me teach you how to read it."


Zachy: "okay! here ya go!" *hands Brennan the card*

Brennan reads a few lines then hands the card back


Brennan: "Now you try it"


Zachy: "jibberish jibberish dofin (dolphin) jibberish"


Brennan (visibly disgusted) "No Zachy! Just speak HUMAN!"


I don't know if it's possible to translate the moment here, but it was ALL I could do to keep from busting out laughing! Is there anything more entertaining than kids? More specifically, your own kids? I love these little guys! The pic above was taken a week or so ago in our bedroom~ Brennan and Zachy love to crawl in between the fitted sheet and the mattress and pretend they're in an "ice cave" ...they especially love it when I come in and pretend that I'm soooooooo tired, give a big yawn and start to lay down on the two giggling bumps beneath the sheets. :o) And the big bonus here is, I have a perfect excuse for not making the bed! ;o) What's the point? Frankly, I prefer the sight of those happy little bodies jumping all over it to it being nice, prisitne and perfectly made (that was an acquired taste btw I LOVE my bed!) But some things matter and some things don't and I've found I'm much happier when I just sit back and enjoy the things that do! Here are a couple more pics of the little bro's~ I particuarly love the ones where Brennan is "taking care of Zachary"...there is nothing like walking in on such sweet little moments between brothers!





(We had been reading in the other room, realized it was tooo quiet, peeked in the dining room and found Brennan feeding Zach some cantaloupe~ priceless!)


(after another bed jumping spree they just decided it was time for a hug :o) )
PS~ I just realized in looking at these pics after I posted them that Zachary is never wearing pants LOL...we'd been potty training him the past few weeks so pants were pretty pointless when just hanging around the house~ we do dress our children! I swear! ;o) )

No comments: