I know this is completely out of the political sphere we've been in~ but I feel the need to share. Over the past few days I have been confronting issues that so many of us have heard about, but I think so few of us really "know" about. I have always been against abortion~ there was never a question in my mind about that. Struggled a bit with the whole "choice" aspect of it, but no longer. And now, in studying out the candidates' postions on that subject, and seeing Obama's absolute extremism regarding it (more on that later~ I need a breather and this is it for now)I found myself plunged into the ugliest of ugly worlds~ the evilest of evils. I now know what abortion really is~ nothing abstract anymore; there is no way I can detatch myself from the issue and merely SAY I am pro-life. I will never be the same. And my previous lipservice to being against abortion will no longer be just lipservice. Passivity is not an option anymore. But, as I said, I'll have to go into that in more depth when I've gotten back to a stronger place. Right now I just feel overwhelmed with the atrocities that are going on in this world. And so small and lost as to how I can help. I found myself asking "where is God? Where IS He? How can He allow this?" But I know the answer to that. WE are the ones who allow it. He is not here because we, in so many ways, have asked Him to leave.
I needed some comfort last night and I needed it BAD. Prayer always helps, but, for me, my strongest connection with God has been through music. I wanted to share the words to the song that gave me so much comfort this morning. The empathy that only the spirit can offer is deeply transforming and tells of how much we are truly loved. It probably sounds like a depressing song, but it uplifted me so much to know that I am not alone in my grief, and that the feelings I'm experiencing are shared not only by another human being, but by my Father in Heaven. And that there is always joy waiting.
"Just let me Cry" by Hillary Weeks
I believe that everything happens for a reason
We're not just tossed by the wind or left in the hands of fate
But sometimes life sends a storm that's unexpected
And we're forced to face our deepest pain.
When I feel the heartache begin to pull me under
I dig my heels in deep and I fight to keep my ground
Still, at times the hurt inside grows stronger
And there's nothing I can do but let it out
Just let me cry
I know it's hard to see
But the pain I feel
Isn't going away today
Just let me cry
Till every tear has fallen
Don't ask when and don't ask why
Just let me cry
When I agreed that God could put his heart inside me
I understood that there would be a chance that it would break
But I know He knows exactly how I'm feeling
And I know in time He'll take the pain away
But for now
(chorus)
I have felt joy the kind that makes my heart want to sing
And so my tears are not a surrender
I'll feel that way again
But for now
For this moment
(chorus)
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That's beautiful, Michelle. You know, I still have your Hillary Weeks CD that you loaned to me probably five years ago? I know, shameful on my part! It's one of those things that I think about returning when I see it, and then forget about when I'm in a position to return it...You've probably totally replaced it by now--if not let me know and I'll get it to you ASAP.
Anyhoo--I would love to join you on that anti-abortion crusade! I'll write letters, I'll write in my blog...What else can I do?
Post a Comment