These are our boys :o) Gunnar has got to be, hands down, THE best big brother on the planet! I can't count the number of pictures I have like this, where he is making them laugh hysterically. They always want to be with him. His ginormous imagination, generous spirit and almost endless patience with them is absolutely amazing, and not something you typically see in a 14 year old boy :o) They are always~ and I mean always~ building something together (you should have seen the swimming pool Gunnar made for them out of a tarp and some lawn chairs! There is a "swing" that he made for them out of a large red sled and various pieces of rope he found laying around haning in the maple tree in our backyard as we speak lol); he makes costumes for them out of paper, blankets, book covers, tinker toys~ you name it and Gunnar can make it! And NObody can make those little monkeys laugh like Gunnar can. He can make freakishly cartoonish faces and act out the funniest of scenes in any movie (and oh can he do impressions! Move over Rich Little!) We are so unfathomably blessed to call these little monsters our own! It makes me so deeply happy when I see them together like this, laughing and loving each other and just being boys :o) Definitely an earlier Heaven!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
An Earlier Heaven Indeed!
These are our boys :o) Gunnar has got to be, hands down, THE best big brother on the planet! I can't count the number of pictures I have like this, where he is making them laugh hysterically. They always want to be with him. His ginormous imagination, generous spirit and almost endless patience with them is absolutely amazing, and not something you typically see in a 14 year old boy :o) They are always~ and I mean always~ building something together (you should have seen the swimming pool Gunnar made for them out of a tarp and some lawn chairs! There is a "swing" that he made for them out of a large red sled and various pieces of rope he found laying around haning in the maple tree in our backyard as we speak lol); he makes costumes for them out of paper, blankets, book covers, tinker toys~ you name it and Gunnar can make it! And NObody can make those little monkeys laugh like Gunnar can. He can make freakishly cartoonish faces and act out the funniest of scenes in any movie (and oh can he do impressions! Move over Rich Little!) We are so unfathomably blessed to call these little monsters our own! It makes me so deeply happy when I see them together like this, laughing and loving each other and just being boys :o) Definitely an earlier Heaven!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Gunnar is brilliant! I can't wait to see what that kid (um, young man) does with his life! It was so fun hanging out with you guys Friday. We'll have to have you over here next. So glad you're blogging!
PS--if you are wondering who is Jadie chick is (LOL!), just click on my name and it'll take you to my blog...
I forget sometimes that I'm going by an "alias."
Hi Chell,
I'm so happy that you are blogging so that I will get to see pictures of your oh so beautiful family!! I cannot believe that Gunnar is 14, but then I'm sure you can't believe that we are all but empty nesters with 2 grand daughters!! weird how time flies!! Thanks for adding me to your list, and check in on us once in a while!! Love you, Riss
Chell, this picture is brilliant! What precious faces!
How much fun those boys must be :-)
Post a Comment