I've really been neglecting my little online journal here~ We've been crazy busy with so many things these past couple of weeks and I'm on overwhelm! (we are working on the photoblog though and it's almost ready! I'm excited about that~ the pictures look sooo much better!) Anyway, for those of you that don't know, my husband is going to be leaving us for almost a year this coming Saturday. It came out of the blue a couple of weeks ago and we're still a little dizzy from how fast it's all been~ but I think it's settling in now. He'll be working in Idaho at a nuclear plant as a radiological controls technician, as he was trained to do in the Navy(I could tell you which plant but then I'd have to kill you ;o) ) This opportunity comes as a HUGE blessing to us (bittersweet as it is). About three people on the planet know this, but we were about to lose our home and have been praying for help for quite some time. Ever since Ant lost his job two years ago it's been a struggle, but we've managed. He took any job he could find (he even drove a school bus for a few months :o) we still giggle over that for some reason Oh look! It's Bus Driver Tony! lol~ it just wasn't something he ever imagined he'd be doing but it was a great experience :o) You never know what form your blessings/lessons are going to take!)but I think what they're calling people like him/us now is "under employed". Personally, I call it "about to lose our house HELP!" LOL We've been so blessed throughout it all~ I can't even begin to tell you all the miracles both large and small we've received. And the timing of this particular one is pretty amazing :o) Anxious Me went through a week of worrying over every little detail, sniffled and sobbed over the thought of my best friend being away for so long (the longest we've ever been apart was one week~ once in the last almost 8 years)~ wondering how on earth my boys were going to stand not having their daddy around to wrestle with (and worrying about the resulting wrestling and pounding on ME *ouch!* Run awaaaay!) and so on... now Get Down to Business Me is focusing on the practical stuff. I'm sure there will be more sniffling and sobbing to come on Saturday morning after his car pulls out of the driveway, but for now we're just getting things done. I am so grateful to have such good friends who I know I can lean on on those less-than-stellar days. But I know we're going to be just fine. I'm just grateful he's not in the Navy anymore and he's not shipping out to go to war! This we can handle, and will do so with gratitude :o) I had wanted to post a Veteran's Day tribute to my honey, but never got around to it~ so here are a couple of pictures of his Navy days:

(I absolutely LOVE this picture! *swooooon* *THUD*) This next one is him receiving a good conduct award~

He worked so hard and it's really neat to see him be able to use those skills again~ the stuff he knows really blows me away! He seems like Mild Mannered Everyday Man but start talking thermodynamics (or anything unpronouncable, brain-frying or otherwise mind boggling) and he transforms into Man with Dizzying Intellect Who is Suddenly Speaking in Strange Tongues. I'm like...do I KNOW you??? ;o) I love him so much and I'm so proud of him. He takes such good care of us in every way and is willing to sacrifice whatever is necessary to do so. (Thanks, Brooklyn boy! ;o) )
Anyway, it's way past my bedtime as usual~ the screen is getting blurry so I'd better head off to dreamland :o) We'll keep you posted!
5 comments:
note to self: never blog at 3 am. I think I set a record for how many times the word "grateful" was used in a blog. *blush* (but I guess there are worse words to over-use, right?;o) ) There goes my Pulitzer! LOL
You're one of the strongest people I've ever met. Anthony is pretty awesome. Your boys are absolutely wonderful (and I'm SO sure Gunnar will help a lot). I'm glad this is a blessing, and that you're 'grateful' ;-P
You deserve all the best! :)
Michelle, I hope that everything works out for you and your family. Your husband must remain a strong person and I wish him the very best. I know of the hardships you have endured in your life and I am proud of you more than you know. Keep your faith and everything will take its proper course. Keep updating your blog so I will know that you and the kids are okay. I believe in Karma, so keep waiting for the better times...they will eventually come.
I am happy Anthony has been able to find work! I know something about a husband being gone due to work. What I have learned over the years:
Let him know you miss him but try not make him feel bad for not being there. He will feel better about being gone if he knows you can handle things while he is away.(that said he also need to feel missed-it is a balance you have to figure out)
Make sure he knows how much you appreciate him.
Remember that as much as you miss him he misses all of you too.
I made a "Daddy mailbox" Kaden would make things that he would want to show Robb so we made a mailbox, Kaden would put all these things in it. When Robb would come home they would look at all the things inside. A big hit!
You can do it! I am glad to here things are on the turn-around.
@Barbie~ thanks sweetie~ You're not so bad yourself, y'know ;o)
@Debra~ wonderful advice! I know you had to miss your honey for so long while he was on the road (has he switched careers yet, btw?) I'm working on that balance thing even as we speak~ I never want him to worry about us~ it's hard enough for him to be away without that. He knows I'm a tough cookie though ;o) (until I have computer issues.... then I become very whiney and needy LOL) I like your idea about the mailbox too~ I bet Robb loved that. You guys are still in Idaho, right? How far away from ID Falls are you?
@Anonymous~ I can't even begin to tell you how much those words meant to me. I don't know quite what to say, to be honest. I'm at a complete loss for words. But thank you. *huge hug* And as far as Karma goes~ I've already been blessed far beyond my deserving, so I hope nobody's paying attention ;o) They might think it's time to shake things up a bit!
Anyway, thank you and I'll do my best to keep the blog updated.
Post a Comment