Today was one of those days I just rolled out of bed, didn't even pause to look in the mirror (although I did at least brush my teeth ;o) ) and just enjoyed my little boys (the big one was at the high school today) We had school and learned about grass and plants and trees, did leaf rubbings (oooh they loved it! They thought it was "magic" how the leaves just appeared like that!) Everything is magic to little children~ everything is new and amazing and fun and it's soooo contagious! I had fun doing a few leaf rubbings of my own ;o) So after we got our lessons done we headed outside to enjoy the beautiful (and I mean Beauuuutiful) day~ blue sky, brilliant leaves, we didn't even need our jackets today. What was really amazing was that we were actually able to PLAY in the leaves~ in November. Usually by the time the ground is covered in leaves, it's been raining quite a bit, so there's none of that leaf-crunching, pile-jumping fun to be had~ but not today! We raked up big piles in the backyard and the boys had a blast! I gave them little hand shovels to dig around in the dirt with (since we're studying soil etc) and they got to take out their new magnifying glasses so they could study everything up close. I had so much fun with them! There was no posing, I just followed them around and snapped away and captured some really fun moments. Can I just say that there is NOTHING better than hearing my little boys giggle? Seeing them happy and joyful, being friends with each other~ and those random drive by kisses and hugs for mommy are pretty neat, too ;o) Definitely an earlier Heaven :o) Here's the story in pictures!
Note: I had started this post a week and a half ago, but had some compy issues and then our lives went a little topsy turvy (in a good way~ I'll explain later :o) ) I've got a lot of catching up to do~ I've taken about a gazillion pictures and so much has happened *sigh* We're getting closer to getting the photoblog up and running, too~ so that'll be nice. Be back later! :o) (Here are a few more pictures from that fun day~)
They uh...really loved their magnifying glasses :o) not sure what they were looking for in there exactly but...
They crack me up :o)
I'm going to save the rest for another day (there were so many good ones of Zachary!) but here are their loverly leaf rubbings as a finale :o)



No comments:
Post a Comment