Of course, we had to stop and see Uncle Dean for a new toothbrush! We just love Dean :o)
Our neighborhood was pretty dead this year, so we drove up the road to trick or treat~ Debbie's neighborhood always has something fun going on! These guys go all out for Halloween! At the "Creepy Clinic" there was some poor guy laying on the table with candy "guts" (bowl full of candy where his stomach was) and ghoulish ladies dressed up as surgeons complete with drills and other "surgical" instrumentation (luckily my kids were too little to have a clue what was going on lol)It was very clever though~ some people even had things set up in their garage for the kids to go through~ so much fun when people get into it like that! Our decor this year? We went with the Unemployed theme: Two lovely, completely unadorned "rustic" pumpkins sitting on our porch. Yeah. We're crazy like that. :o) Here are a few more scenes from our quest for candy (hey~ isn't this whole thing feeding our sense of entitlement? LOL You can take the girl out of the election but you can't take the election out of the girl ha ha)
Brennan absolutely LOVED these pumpkins! We could see them from waaaaay down the block and all he cared about was getting to them. The candy was a bonus :o) Speaking of Brennan: Not much has changed since last year when he made the very sensible assumption that when you knock on someone's door and they open it, then offer you candy, that they of course are also inviting you to come inside and play. More than once Brenny was heard to say "Hey! Happy Halloween! May I come in?" At least this year he thought to ask first...last year he, again, sensibly assumed that an open door meant an open invitation to come inside LOL I'm just happy the people found him cute and amusing~ I guess they can get away with stuff like this when they're small :o) Zachy was full of "Sank you"'s (very cute) Here are the big pumpkins (aka Brennan's Beautiful Orange Oasis~ he's loved pumpkins since he was a year old for those of you who haven't known him quite so long.)
Then at last it was home sweet home...time to check out the plunder!
It was so much fun taking the kids out~ and we were so grateful that the sky was clear~ it had been drizzling all day long but by the time we went out, the clouds had gone and it was nice enough that we didn't even have to wear a jacket~ not bad for Oct. 31! The only little heartache I had was not having Gunnar with us this year...more and more he's got "plans" and more and more he's just seeming so much more grown up. I remember when HE was a knight for Halloween~ I think he was 3 or 4 years old. How can it have gone by so quickly? I miss my little guy~ but the older one is pretty cool too :o) Hope you all had fun tonight! PS~ I'm still struggling with getting the spacing and everything just right~ sorry that the pics/words dont' line up like I had them in the preview... Practice practice! :o)



2 comments:
Awww, look at the kids. Gunnar looks AWESOME! I love that! And the little ones, sooo cute! I can almost hear Zachy saying "Sank you".. Give them a huge hug from me!
Barbie
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! It's Election Day. FINALLY. I'm sooo nervous I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. What're your thoughts! I had sort of an epiphany about abortion today. I'll email it to you soon. (Don't worry--you needn't be scared!)
BTW--great costumes! What's up with Gunnar splitting up the Three Dog Knights?!! I can relate--Sierra went with friends to go trick-or-treating this year, and it was truly sad for me. They're growing up Chell! Ain't nothin we can do about it!
Post a Comment