Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Our funny Valentines

We have a tradition in our house~ we handwrite letters/make cards for special occasions like birthdays, Christmas, Mother's/Father's day and Valentines day. I'm all for technology, but there are some things I just can't bear the thought of losing, and one of them is that special, personal "human" touch~ especially when it comes to showing how much we love each other. They may not be glamorous, but they were made by little hands that will never be quite so little again~ and they are so precious to me :o) I hope you all had a nice Valentines day~ we were SO happy to have Anthony home this weekend (although it did go by waaaay too fast for me! I miss him already!) We were going to have a special temple date while he was home, but hadn't realized it's closed for maintenance this week *d'oh!* so we went to dinner instead and just enjoyed being alone together~ *bliss* I am so blessed to have a boyfriend who shows me he loves me every single day~ he sends me cards every week and something special I received this weekend?~ a subscription to Popular Photography~ how thoughtful is that?? :o) I am blessed *insert big puffy heart here* ;o) Somedays I look at the people in my life and freak out!~ because I'm just sure they're going to disappear any minute; I can't possibly deserve them all! In spite of all the craziness that goes on... life is simply GOOD. Anyway, here are our masterpieces ;o)




(okay so Ant and I don't always stick to the "homemade" rule, but we try! ;o) )

(from my little Zachy~ this is SO perfect! This little guy is always attatched to me in some way~ he truly does "love to hold (me)" :o) )

These are B & Z's to their Daddy :o)



These are Brenny and Zachy's new friends~ Bloose and Sweetly (they came with these names)~ they didn't put them down all day :o) Zachy absolutely adores his "reindeer moose" LOL

Gunnar's valentines to his little brothers~ he's amazing :o) These were based on characters from their favorite video games (Super Mario Brothers)~ he's always so creative and fun! It's fun to see what he comes up with every time :o) The one below is the pop-up he made for Ant~ pretty cool! He made one for me too and I love it!(just couldn't get a decent picture of it for some reason)





The valentines I made were admittedly lame this year~ can you say "creative Slump"?? I was just happy to get them done! :o) Now...onto SPRING! *yay!*

No comments: