Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lazy blog :o)

Well, I'm having a pretty nasty flare up right now so typing just isn't happening~ but I was digging through some old stuff on facebook and found this~ thought it would be fun to share with my new chums who haven't seen it yet (consider yourself tagged! Probably better to send yours via email on this one :o) )


Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 1:34am | Edit Note | Delete
25 Random Things About Me...


Rules:
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you (or I think you'll come up with really entertaining things).




1. I have a very difficult time writing random things about myself LOL~ Having questions as a guide? Much much easier :o) Plus, I don't happen to find myself to be all that interesting and dont' like boring people to death~ but you asked for it! LOL You should know right off the bat, that this is going to be a long one. I have no grasp whatsoever on how to give a short answer to anything~ so snuggle in and get cozy!

2. First and foremost thing you should know about me? I am in LOVE with my boys~ my husband and three sons~ there is absolutely nothing better than them and nothing I wouldn't do for them. Okay except maybe cook squid for them. But other than that~ anything. Oh and snakes~ no snakes in the house. Yeah. Or tarantulas. Okay so I'd die for them~ just no death by snake or tarantula. Scorpions are pretty nasty too. If I had to have anything to do with those creatures in order to save the lives of my boys~ I would do it. Otherwise~ no. And no slugs either.

3. I cannot live without books and music. Good music will cure just about anything that ails me! Some people say they have "too many books" ~ I say, there are simply not enough bookshelves. If I could cover every wall in my house with built in bookshelves, that would be Heaven. And then I'm sure we'd just have to move on to a bigger house LOL The only other thing (as far as posessions go) in my house that I love more are my pictures of my boys. I most likely would die in a fire because, being the idiot that I am, I"d keep going back in for stuff: family safe and in possession of their comfort objects? good~ go back and grab pics off the walls~ then my fave books and my iPod. My children would grow up motherless~ but they would have pictures of their idyllic childhood and good books to read. *shakes head* Let's just hope there's never a fire ;o)

4. I find it extremely hard to pick just ONE favorite of anything. There are too many good things to choose from! For example~ favorite color? I answer green if I have limited space/time. But in reality I love earthy green, deep crimson red,deep purple, buttery yellow and crisp, clean white. Its' not that I like to complicate things, really LOL (I think it's the arteest in me)

5. I am very passionate about the people I love (family and friends) my faith/issues/causes I care about. I care very deeply about people and have a really big mothering instinct~ I like to help and make things better when I can. But I'm not a coddler in any way~ I can dish some serious tough love too when necessary! But I much prefer the kinder, gentler way :o) I really want to help make the world a better place~ I can't stand the thought of people suffering.

6. I am deathly afraid of clowns. They are evil. I went to the big circus when I lived in NY and when the clowns came out~ I glared at them BIG time. Just so they knew that I knew~ but then one locked eyes with me as he was throwing his disgusting little candies out to the audience and I almost peed my pants. Nothing scarier than a grinning clown who's LOOKING at YOU. *shudder*

7. I am easily prone to sensory overload. Too many people talking at once, lots of noise, bright sun/lights in my eyes~ too many people talking to ME at once and my hair starts on fire. One at a time please! :o) And I dont go anywhere without my sunglasses. *vampirrrre!*

8. Please do not talk with food in your mouth or smack your lips etc while eating. I may get sick. ;o) I have the worst gag reflex in the history of mankind.

9. I sing in the shower and all day long around the house. I always dreamed of being a singer since I was....born? And after Grease came out I wanted to BE Olivia Newton-John *begins singing* "hopelssly devoted...to youuuuuu" I wuved her. (although it really ticked me off that she turned slutty at the end grrrrr...) Now I love Linda Eder and Ella Fitzgerald~ nothing like singing the big band/showtunes! But I have not sung publicly for many many years, nor do I plan on doing so again LOL Last time I tried, I choked BIG time and probably sounded like one of those American Idol nightmares! Did I mention I have some pretty hideous stage fright? *clings to shower* Besides, the acoustics are MUCH better in there anyway ;o)

10. While we're on the subject of stage fright~ I believe it stems from my deep-seated, most often hidden social phobia LOL People scare me, as much as I love them. I do not like to go anywhere alone~ I need a child, a friend or my man with me wherever I go if at all possible (they don't realize this of course~ I don't cling or whine~ I just arrange things lol). I think this is one of those things that might surprise quite a few people~ I manage my anxiety pretty well more often than not~ and my fear of saying/doing the wrong thing is at constant war with my desire to make sure everyone around me feels welcome and at ease ~ No wonder I'm so tired all the time! :o) I was bullied alot in school so I'm sure that plays a role. I'm also very intuitive & empathic (I really register the "feeling" in a room strongly, groups or individuals) and that, coupled with my desire to help people can be really overwhelming at times~ I can't say no to anyone if they need me. So it's safer to just stay home sometimes LOL *wimp* I do love hanging out with my established friends~ just meeting new people is tough for me. It usually turns out great and I love my buddies! I am friendly with everyone~ but I have a very very few really close intimate friends :o)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ INTERMISSION~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**schmoozy music plays**

11. I really really love to create pretty, meaningful things (I'd say "beautiful and meaningful" but I"m just not at that level yet LOL) I love to take pictures, draw, paint, write~ anything I can do with my hands really to create something. I haven't had alot of time (more like ANY time) for it these days and I miss it. ALOT. But I'd have to say the reason(s) for that are beautiful creations in and of themselves *wink* and I'll take them over a painting session any time! I'll have a lot of time on my hands when they're grown, I'm sure~ *sniffle* so I try to just squeeze in time for art here and there when I can for now. I have the strangest compulsion to sew~ and I say "strangest" because I am horrible at it! I can make blankets and stuff like that, but clothes or anything requiring a pattern? Run awaaaaay!! :o) I really love fabric though~all those beautiful textures and colors....

12. I auditioned for and "got" a Dove commercial when I was 18. However, it conflicted with my commitments to travel to New Jersey to be a nanny at the time (both were set to happen in the same week~ one in CA, one in Jersey), so I had to turn it down (Jersey commitment was first and also promised steady employment) . Sound tragic? Not to me~ the thought of seeing my face on TV or print ads is mortifying to me~ would have been cool (at 18) for about 5 minutes ~then I would have been horrified LOL It was a very "in your face" moment though for all those rotten bullies in school LOL Can't say I didn't love that a bit much! ;o)

13. Foods I loathe, despise and can't even stand the smell of? Tapioca pudding *shudder at the thought*, watermelon, cucumbers and celery (I don't even have to mention the wierd stuff like organs, right?!) (eggs have joined the list over the past few years too) And yes I realize that everybody just luuuuves these foods and I am some sort of alien mutant freak and how can I NOT love watermelon blah blah blah I've heard it all LOL ~ OH I even got called "un-American" for not liking watermelon once. Yeah. It's a food. Pull yourselves together and bring me a nice bowl of strawberries. They're much more healthy anyway ;o)

14. I am obsessed with learning. I love love love LOVE delving into any given subject (as long as it's interesting~ even moreso if it's meaningful too) and researching the heck out of it. I love opening new doors and seeing new perspectives, broadening my understanding of things...anything that helps me understand the world around me better and the people in it~ and then finding ways through that to help affect things in a positive, uplifting way...that's a legacy I deeply want to leave my children. Learn all you can and leave the world a better place than it was when you arrived with your faith and your family intact. Can't do that without some learnin! I'm also really fascinated by the creation of things~ I love watching "How it's Made" on the Discovery Channel and all those cool Nova shows on PBS *geek alert!!* ;o)

15. I. Cannot. Multi. Task.

16. I do not have a superficial, phoney bone in my body. (if there is one teensy one in there somewhere, I haven't found it yet and I hope it shrivels up and dies LOL) Nor do I have any desire whatsoever to keep up with the Jones' , the Whetherby's, the Smith's or even the Johnson's (IF you can believe THAT! Those Johnson's...w.o.w)Keep it real, folks! Life is too short! :o)

17. Guilty pleasures, you ask? Hmmmm....besides chocolate you mean? *coughIlovethemoviedirtydancingandsometimesIwatchDr.90210coughahem* Sorry about that...can't kick this darn cold! Now what was it you asked me?

Oh my gosh are we THERE yet???? Who came up with 25 things? Why not 10 things? Or even 17 things? *sigh*

18. I love having my hair played with and my back tickled. Since I was very little, I've thought it to be the bestest feeling in the world. I'm very touchy/feely~ I do try to control myself, though~ so don't be afraid to sit next to me at church.

19. I really love pinwheels in the Spring. Have to get one every year. Always pretend it's for the kids :o)
I think maybe this year I'll get one of my very own and I won't share LOL

20. I am a social eater. I enjoy food when there's a party or gathering of some sort or at a restaurant~ but on an every day basis? I'm lucky to remember to eat breakfast by 2 in the afternoon. Just doesnt interest me at all. I think having an actual metabolism someday will be a very nice thing ;o)

21. On that note: I am in desperate need of some balanced doses of T-3, T-4 and progesterone. LOL I'll let you guys scatch your heads over that one...the end is in sight...I'm sprinting to # 25 now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~vrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmm~~~~~~~~~~~~

22. I have been through alot more than most people would ever know~ but that's good. :o) That means that the experiences I've had didn't turn me into someone who requires a padded cell and foil helmet LOL

23. On that note: I talk to myself incessantly LOL Seriously~ I am having running conversations all the time! *runs from men in white who want to give me the snuggly jacket and take me away* SO embarrassing! Brennan is always asking me ~ "Mommy? Are you talking to yourself again?"

24. I am very much into symbolism~ I don't know that I own very much personally that isn't symbolic of something meaningful to me in some way. VERY sentimental that way :o) And I LOVE vintage/antique things~ books, mainly~ but really old cameras are so cool~ and I like vintage children's toys and books too. Whatever "speaks" to me at the time.

25. Knowledge is bliss (even if it's hard). Ignorance is extremelly annoying. (not to mention counter-productive!)

And....we... have.... ARRIVED!!! yay! I did it! *balloons and confetti fall from ceiling* *looks around* *crickets chirping* Uh...guys? GUYS? You still awake? awwwwww man! *slouches away* Well maybe that'll teach you not to send me these kinds of notes! HA!

1 comment:

Julie Heugly said...

you and I are alike...not so much in the arts and crafts...I do not have that gene, but the social thing...I feel for ya. I think that anyone that has you for a friend can consider themselves very lucky. thanks for the insights and the laugh.